Little Milton’s first school began as a Sunday School in 1818, however for reasons unknown it closed within a few years. A second school was started by the Methodist church in 1827 in a house in the village. In 1831, this was shifted to a new Methodist chapel sited somewhere on the Milton Manor estate. Numbers by this date had already reached 60. By 1854 the village had three day schools, one school being for infants, the others for scholars. The demand for education for all ages became so great that evening classes were started for the adults of the village to learn to read and write as many of them had little or no schooling prior to the mid 1880s. The need for a school building soon became apparent and the current school was founded in 1871 and had around 100 pupils. This was later extended to include a head teacher’s residence in 1893.