As a small Church of England Voluntary Aided School, we aim to:
* Provide a compact but resourceful place of learning, where each individual is both understood and challenged
* Provide a nurturing environment in which all children are encouraged to give their personal best and achieve their full potential
* Promote a supportive atmosphere where children learn mutual respect and tolerance, and develop self-discipline and confidence
* Encourage children to behave in a manner which is both kind and considerate at all times
* Set realistic and challenging targets for our children’s performance
* Create a place where parents are welcome as active partners in their children’s learning
* Conduct assemblies and Christian worship in ways that are inclusive of the whole school community and offer opportunities for reflection and spiritual growth and development
* Participate fully in the community life of the village and the Church
Our Vision Statement
To provide a welcoming, nurturing and happy community, underpinned by the Christian values of respect, courage, wisdom, friendship and truth, in which every child is understood, engaged and challenged by passionate staff. Pupils will develop excellent skills and enthusiasm for learning through a rich curriculum which is stimulating, stretching and fun, preparing them for their next steps as confident and versatile individuals.
Our values are fundamentally Christian and are shared across all faiths; they are deeply embedded in the way we work and play. We chose them as the most important values to us as children, families, staff and governors. Each term we focus on a value and we read stories in which the value is demonstrated. We have values champions each week, nominated from each class, who have shown the values in action and we ask that parents and carers also nominate children for inspiring acts concerning the values.
We chose courage because we need bravery to face challenges in life, friendship because we understand the importance of being and having friends in our school community and justice because we all try to be fair. Respect is vital : we have respect for others and for ourselves. Finally, wisdom, for us, is about making good choices.